Yay! It’s Saturday!
We decided to celebrate our 3rd week of blogging at More Than Mommies with a giveaway!
A while back I received a few copies of the book What to Expect the Toddler Years from whattoexpect.com. They asked me to review them and then told me that I could do whatever I wanted to do with them. They mentioned giving them to friends or family . . . so, since you all are my friends (you are my friends, right?) I decided to give them to 2 of you!
When the whattoexpect.com people asked me what book I wanted I knew right away that What to Expect When You are Expecting was out. I had already given birth to the 4 children I am going to have. I actually wasn’t sure I needed any of them because Nate is already 6 and I have been through the Terrible Twos. Why would I need to know about them again?
Well – quite simply because no two two year olds are alike! My twins reinforced that truth when they hit their Terrible Twos – which is completely different than Nate or Danika’s Terrible Twos and completely different from one another’s. I decided that I needed some help with a few issues I’d never had to deal with before…
- Biting (which Dean turned to as his main expression of frustration)
- Weight issues (David is a lot smaller than his brothers or sisters ever were at his age)
- Fear of the Dark (the other kids seemed to love to sleep in the dark but Dean is petrified of it!)
- Security Blanket (David is the first and only child of mine to have one of these)
- Getting rid of the Binky
- When to stop the bottle and switch to a cup
- How to know when they are ready to potty train
- What they should be eating (and what they shouldn’t)